Busy month of May

Hola!

Life has been very busy around here. I suppose the more interesting things that have happened (besides working working working of course) have been:

- Robin and I got to see Hillsong United in concert at the end of April and it was so awesome! Just to be in that place, hearing all those voices raised in worship was something unforgettable. Even though our feet hurt from waiting 2 hours in line and then standing throughout the whole concert, it was totally worth it.

-We have reserved our student housing and the school says they'll try their best to put us together. A lot of things in this preparation process have been different than my prep for OCU, but I'm learning that Aussie culture is a little...or a LOT...more laid back and "go with the flow" than ours. So, when I ask people at the school questions about housing, like what the address of the house is, they say, "Oh, we don't know yet. We'll tell you when you get here." Or if I ask a question about where to stay before housing opens, they say, "Just look around when you reach the airport and a shuttle driver can take you to a hostel." Now, for a control freak like me, that's panic attack inducing. But God, in his infinite wisdom, is sending tight-a** control freak me to the most laid back, slow to react country on the planet. Every tiny plan I make is becoming a learning experience as I deal with not always having details when I want them.

- Despite the vague statements made by people at the school and a whole lot of nail biting on my part, we have found a hostel to stay in for the 5 nights we need prior to college housing opening. It's called the Original Backpacker's Sydney, and it looks clean, safe and it's affordable. It's in an old Victorian house that they've modernized,with full kitchen to cook in and safes for our valuables. We do have to share a hall batch, but Robin and I will be in a 4 bed room with 2 other girls going to Hillsong so all in all a great deal.

- I sang alone, with my guitar, for the first time last weekend at FUMC Victoria. After which, I received a check for $200. God is miraculous. Not only did I get a warm reception after each service and a comfortable environment in which to debut my guitar skills, I got an unexpected blessing in that check.

We are leaving in about 6 weeks and I couldn't be more nervous and excited at the same time. Some moments I can't wait to get on the plane, and some moments I literally feel sick. But regardless, I'm doing it and I know this is the right plan for me. If you actually read this blog God bless you, and God bless you if you don't read it, too. :)

Peace.

0 comments:

Post a Comment