kind of creeping myself out...

Is it strange that I am writing my family letters to read if something happens to me after I leave for Sydney? I think my biggest fear would be a plane crash, but hey, I could get cancer or get hit by a car over there, too. So I wrote my parents a "Just in Case" letter with instructions about what to do with my stuff and how to handle a memorial service, etc. It was soooo sooo soo strange to write it, and I felt paranoid the whole time.

Honestly, I know I shouldn't have a real fear of death, but the plane ride is making me nervous. And given my Dad's history of sending Forrest and I "Just in Case" letters every time he and mom get on a plane, I figured I would return the favor. I am also giong to write all three of them individual letters to settle some issues between us, and to let them know what they mean to me, and of course to reassure them that I am in heaven with Jesus, which would be totally awesome (just hopefully not yet please!).

I could just say all this stuff to their face, and I probably will, but I'm hoping that if something were to happen to me on this journey, a letter like that would be a great comfort. What do you all think? Crazy or thoughtful?

19 days until I step onto the first of the 4 planes that's going to get me to Sydney!

~Aislinn
Category: 0 comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment